Wow. I'm 14 days away from a really exciting, scary, wonderful surgery that is going to quite realistically change my life. Crazy!
So, I'm 32, a working professional and it was over half my lifetime ago that I was told I would need this surgery...and here I am. Ready. Scared. Hopeful. Curious. And pretty ready for this adventure!
I was actually told I might need both jaws moved, but years later they only need to move my upper jaw and will be doing genioplasty to shorten my chin a bit to even the whole thing out. The 'To have or not to have genioplasty' decision was a VERY LONG process for me as I'm not a huge plastic surgery person. In the end, however, if my surgeon is recommending it and I'm going to have some major facial shifting taking place, I think I'll go with his advice. I figure it's my best chance to come out happy in the end.
A lot of wonderful bloggers out there have prepared me so very well for surgery as they have told their stories. Now, I want (and need) a place to share my experience and give back a little 'love'! Thank you to Brandon at jawsurgeryblog.com! What a wonderful and, I must say, pretty healthy community of everyday folks who are supporting one another through a very challenging journey. If you are looking for a place to get some great answers about an upcoming jaw surgery--go to this group!!!
As for me, I'm ready and waiting...
No comments:
Post a Comment